It happens every year at this time...I am sick of winter. After Christmas, who cares about cold weather? I have also discovered my winter wardrobe is lacking. I find winter clothes harder to style than spring and summer clothes. I am bad at layering, I find plain sweaters and jeans to be boring after a while and winter clothes seem to cost a lot more.
Some friends and I were just having this discussion last night. Here are some things we collectively came up with:
- Get a cute graphic tshirt to layer under your cardigans.
- We all should have statement necklaces by now. Wear them with your basic sweaters, tshirts etc. Try layering long necklaces with delicate short ones for a twist.
- Wear blazers like you would a sweater. Treat a blazer like a cardigan by pairing with a tshirt or a silky top underneath. Look in your summer section for bright tanks and tops to wear underneath.
- Keep wearing your colored denim. These can go with all those boring sweaters you have. Try some graphic denim or pants if you are sick of colored ones.
- Another look I haven't tried yet but want to is a sweater with a maxi skirt. Take a colorful maxi skirt or dress and top it with a sweater. I also like it with a denim jacket.
- Scarves, Scarves, Scarves
Here are some of my favorite winter looks: