Is this week dragging by for you? It is for me! But we're one day closer to the weekend and one day closer until I get my roots done. It's pretty bad. It's evil, I say! Speaking of evil, this tutorial was originally slated for Halloween! Whoops. However, given recent silly events, it's kind of an appropriate tongue-in-cheek tutorial. And the colors are kind of appropriate for the holidays. Kind of?! Anyway, I think just about every culture has some sort of Evil Eye representation. Traditionally worn as a charm, the Evil Eye sends bad luck to those evil/envious or it offers protection from the Evil Eye (depending on the culture). The original hater-blocker! Ooh, I can't believe I just typed that! If you don't take life (or nail tutorials) too seriously, try this out! While I did two nails here, feel free to paint as many as you'd like!
- Don't worry if your "eye" isn't a perfect circle! Some evil eyes are more tear-shaped.
- Be careful when adding your dot--the temptation is to make the dot thick. This will take forever to dry and is more likely to cause mistakes.
- I tried this with a white background with the more traditional navy circle design, but didn't like it as much, but it might work better for you. Try it!
- If you're really serious, paint the evil eye on the middle finger, he he.
- Let each coat dry thoroughly before painting the next one.