Let me first say this - I am not a nail art pro. I wish I was, but I am cursed with shaky hands. Truth be told, I often have to fix the edges of my nails with a q-tip dipped in polish remover (although you can still see a couple of rough spots in my photos, I know). So if I can do this fun little holiday-inspired manicure, anyone can. That's where the foolproof part comes in.
What will you need? It's super simple. Find yourself some fun holiday colours. I went for Joe Fresh
polishes in Evergreen
(Fun Fact: Joe Fresh 3 for $10 helped me justify Gold Glitter too), and my new bff, the Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen. Feel free to substitute your own Christmas-y or just plain wintry colours too! It's worth mentioning though that "Ruby" might just be a new favourite - it's a seriously lovely colour. But I digress.
Let it Snow Nails - How to:
1. Prep with base coat (I go for the Essie all-in-one that doubles as top coat too!).
2. Paint on two coats of your chosen colour(s). I used Evergreen as an accent nail, just for fun - but I think having one sole background colour might be even nicer. Let dry.
3. With nail art pen, cover each nail evenly with dots. I didn't want them spaced too carefully, I was going for a more random-snowfall look.
4. When the dots are dry, finish with a cover of clear topcoat. I've found the polish from the nail art pen can (but doesn't always) rub off if you don't.
5. Happily admire your finished work.
Bloglovin / Twitter / Facebook / Pinterest
The nice thing about this simple mani is that it's done quickly. You won't be labouring for ages over each nail, but you'll still end up with a fun holiday look. Let me know if you give it a try (and tweet me a photo if you do! @lotsixtyfive