Do you ever feel like when the seasons change from warm to cold your just chomping at the bit to get out your boots and sweaters? Me too. If you live in a place like I do, Texas where the weather can never decide what it wants to do, you can stretch out your wardrobe so by February your not ready to throw your boots out the window. I am here to help you pull the reigns back. Whoa girl!
Here are my tips for transitioning:
1. If its not too cold yet, keep wearing your ballet flats instead of your knee high boots. We all love throwing on our boots over our jeans but we will have plenty of time for that when Old Man Winter sets in.
2. Don't be afraid to go bare legged. I got a brown faux leather skirt from Forever 21 and I plan on wearing it with a sweater and flats-no tights yet. As it gets colder, I will add tights and wear it with booties. Or wear a short sleeve dress with tights and then as it gets colder put a blazer over it.
3. Throw a sweater over your favorite sundress. As long as its not eyelet or a sheer fabric, it is totally cool to wear a summer dress all year round. Same goes with a maxi skirt.
4. Wear a scarf if you get chilly with short sleeves or sleevless and jeans.
5. Keep your cropped denim handy or if you don't have any invest. You can wear these all year around. They look great with sandals, flats and boots.
Shop the transition looks here