I fell into blogging a little haphazardly. I had been following DIY and petite blogs with great interest and decided to start one of my own with a primary focus on sewing. I wanted to name it SewInspired - chronicling my DIY inspirations and the way I went about making my own version. My plans changed when I found out that name was already taken. I decided to broaden my blog a little bit to incorporate the fitting room reviews I loved reading and thus SewPetiteGal was born. (And in case anyone was curious, I didn't intend for "SewPetiteGal" to indicate I am "so petite." I was aiming more for sewing + being short. My husband bluntly pointed out that I'm not so little and obviously much larger than most of the petite blogging community. My fault for the ill-conceived name!
Anyhoo, fast forward a little over 2 years and here we are. Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to come visit my little blog. Thanks x 100 to those who comment because I really do love hearing from you. Your advice, pointers, and constructive criticism have helped me grow as a DIY'er. I wanted to take a little time here to show some love to some special folks:
- Jean - For being one of my first followers and welcoming me to the blogging community with kindness and advice. And more recently, for offering to critique my prototype peplum skirt, giving me invaluable feedback, featuring it on her blog and making me feel like I could play "fashion designer" with my little Etsy store :)
- Cee - for being my preppy / layering inspiration and wearing my scarf so well that a reader requested one in the middle of summer!
- Elle, Ping, Sydney, Phiphi, Jessy, Amber, Elaine, Michelle, & Kelly - shopping and getting dressed in the morning will never be the same because I learn so much from your reviews and get so inspired by your OOTDs
- Aubrey - for sharing my love of all things nautical, answering all of my tedious Twitter requests for DIY input, and keeping me LOLing with your humor.
- Gigi - your blog is ridiculously awesome at keeping me up to date on one of my favorite subjects - shopping
- Kat, NewPetite, SS, Phoebe, Caroline, Anna, Lisa, Janki and so many others - for your thoughtful comments and support! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!