As someone who loves traveling but always packs last minute, I always end up forgetting to bring at least one must-have item, whether it’s my pj’s or my favorite mascara. While sometimes it might make sense for you to purchase the forgotten item after you’ve reached your destination, other times it’s better to just make-do with what you have, especially when it comes to beauty products:
If you forgot your…
1. Hair straightener. Use a blowdryer with a concentrator attachment, available in most hotels. Point the concentrator straight down so the dryer becomes almost parallel with your hair, and blast at high heat. Don’t forget to use a heat protectant!
3. Hair wax or pomade. If body lotion doesn’t do the trick, use a chap stick or clear lip balm instead. Dip your finger into your lip balm and smooth it over your trouble areas. Bonus points for your hair if your lip balm has SPF!
4. Makeup remover. Dab a bit of lotion onto a cotton ball, and use that to wipe off stubborn mascara and eyeliner. You can also use facial lotion if your skin is more sensitive.
5. Eyeliner. Dip a q-tip into your mascara for a quick and easy DIY eyeliner substitute. You can also cut the q-tip in half and use the non-swapped tip if you prefer a sharper line. Careful not to poke yourself in the eye!
6. Blush. Just use your tinted lip balm, lip gloss, or even lipstick instead. Dab the color on your cheeks lightly and quickly blend it out. Repeat until desired color is achieved.
7. Makeup brushes. Just use your fingers, q-tips, or cotton balls! The finger replacement goes without saying – just make sure you wash your hands before you start dipping it into your makeup. Q-tips can be used for applying eyeshadow, and eyeliner while cotton balls can be used to apply blush, bronzer, or just blending everything out.
Or even better, you can…
9. Pack early. Simple, but effective. This way you’ll have time to double check and make sure you have everything you need.
10. Take advantage of free samples. Store the free skincare and makeup samples you get in a little makeup bag. When packing, just bring this bag with you, and not only will this save you space in your luggage, it’s a great opportunity to try out new products.